Sports Endurance and
Sports nutrition can improve performance, energy, endurance, and strength by training with
the best fuel. Nutrition can affect how you feel and perform while also giving you the competitive edge in sports and in life.
Individual sport nutrition coaching provides:
- A nutrition plan specific to your training schedule and sport
- Training plans for different stages of the training schedule ranging from
building phase to competition
- Nutrition pre- and post-competition
- Information about sport supplements
- Best solutions for your specific sport and training
- Details about your specific hydration needs
- Best nutrition to support growth, recovery, energy and performance needs
- Information that addresses over-training or eating issues
Metabolic Efficiency Nutrition Package
We're excited to offer the Metabolic Efficiency Nutrition Package. While metabolism can be measured several different ways, only a small amount of dietitians in the country offer this program. In addition, Bodyfuel is the only company in the Kansas City area to provide this service. This nutrition package is geared toward high-level triathletes and endurance athletes or those who strive for top performance and want to advance efficiency in burning body fat as fuel or improve body composition.
- Know specific fat-burning numbers
- Spare carbohydrates during competition by knowing real numbers
- Train more efficiently through nutrition planning
- Have the necessary data to help change body composition
The initial testing is done in collaboration with the University of Kansas Medical Center and includes the RMR testing. With this testing, you'll learn about using your body fat for fuel. Results include a speciﬁc nutrition and training plan based on your personal metabolic efficiency to help aid your body's ability to burn fat and spare carbohydrates. This can improve competition results through decreased gut and cramping issues.
Endurance Athlete Package (Sports Nutrition)
Nutrition geared toward marathon runners and triathletes or those who are training
for these events.
The 8-week program includes:
- Initial nutritional evaluation, body composition, resting metabolic rate and calorie needs
- Plans for your period of training
- Continued goals and accountability for 8 weeks
- A game plan for food, sport fuels and training supplements based on your personal training level, training stage and needs
Initial plan is in office with phone and Internet guidance between office visits to keep you on target. The online tracking system is included with this service.
Weight & Healthy Lifestyle Package
Nutrition geared for those struggling with weight issues or simply wanting to adopt healthy eating habits for life.
The 8-week program includes:
- Initial nutritional evaluation, assessment, body composition, resting metabolic rate and calorie needs
- Meal plan and nutrient recommendations
- Education about shopping, eating out and food choices
- Continuing education, guidance and accountability
- Post-evaluation follow-up that includes any changes in basal metabolic rate, fat and muscle mass, and education to prevent relapse
Initial plan is in office with phone and internet guidance between office visits to keep you on target. The online tracking system is included with this service.
Advanced Nutrition Package
After completion of the initial package, a client can opt to continued counseling via phone or Internet sessions. In addition, monthly visits may be scheduled for a small fee.